Clinical Technician: Psychiatric Acute Inpatient Unit
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 189705
POSITION SUMMARY: Clinical Technician
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, and taking into consideration the developmental needs of the patient, performs routine patient activities and delegated patient care procedures of a specialized and technical nature which includes observing and monitoring patient condition, identifying changes in collected patient data and notifying nurse, setting-up and maintaining specialized clinical equipment, knowledge of aseptic technique, collecting blood specimens and performing related, delegated nursing procedures.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, basis wound care, patient safety, and patient transport techniques.
- Knowledge of recording and reporting pertinent clinical data.
- Knowledge of setting up and management of specialized patient care equipment.
- Operate electronic monitoring equipment
- Determine appropriate information and resources needed r/t clinical situation
- Organize and summarize information.
- Make judgments regarding routine patient care activities within scope of practice.
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care.
- Demonstrate skills in performing routine patient care activities (i.e. VS, pulse, oximetry, ht/wt, abdominal girth).
- Ability to document legibly using a writing instrument.
- Ability to use computer keyboard functions to input and obtain data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of at least one college course.
- Allied Health discipline preferred within two years or corpsman training.
- Current Maryland Nursing Assistant certification.
- One year of recent patient care experience in a setting relevant to the unit; volunteer work as EMT or CRT may be considered, as appropriate.
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Technician: Psychiatric Acute Inpatient Unit
Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is an $8 billion integrated global health enterprise and one of the leading health care systems in the United States. Johns Hopkins Medicine unites physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the organizations, health professionals and facilities of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System.
Johns Hopkins Medicine's vision, "Together, we will deliver the promise of medicine," is supported by its mission to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public; conducts biomedical research; and provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
Johns Hopkins Medicine operates six academic and community hospitals, four suburban health care and surgery centers, and 39 primary and specialty care outpatient sites. The Johns Hopkins Hospital, opened in 1889, has been ranked number one in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 22 years, most recently in 2013. For information about Johns Hopkins Medicine, its clinical programs or for help in choosing a personal physician, call 410-955-5000.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal opportunity is the law — read more.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 15949