Registered Nurse 2: Pediatric Outpatient Oncology
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 190815
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Experienced Registered Nurse: The Peds Inpatient Oncology Unit
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
- We Care by assuring continuity and patient-family centered care.
- We Influence through inter-professional collaboration, shared decision-making, and quality improvement.
- We Empower our nurses to govern their professional practice characterized by autonomy, mutual accountability, and trust.
- We Excel in clinical expertise and innovation. Our nurses have a variety advancement opportunities and possibilities for success.
Candidate qualifications for the Experienced Registered Nurse position on the Peds Inpatient Oncology Unit:
- Associate Degree candidates* from an accredited nursing program will be considered; provided they are either currently, or will be enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Maintain active RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- 1 year of RN work experience required
* If you do not currently possess a BSN or MSN degree, matriculation requirements are as follows: (a) provide proof of BSN or MSN degree program acceptance to your hiring manager prior to completing orientation/probation; (B) complete the BSN or MSN degree program no later than three years from program enrollment; and (c) make steady progress toward completing the program by taking a minimum of three courses within 12 months of initial enrollment and each year thereafter
The Experience Registered Nurse is responsible for:
-Coordinating care for assigned patients to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
-Providing evidence-based patient care based on the JHH nursing process, policy, procedures.
-Participating and promoting departmental and hospital safety standards.
-Effective communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
-Ability to analyze data, synthesize information, and make judgments regarding patient care.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse 2: Pediatric Outpatient Oncology
Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is an $8 billion integrated global health enterprise and one of the leading health care systems in the United States. Johns Hopkins Medicine unites physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the organizations, health professionals and facilities of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System.
Johns Hopkins Medicine's vision, "Together, we will deliver the promise of medicine," is supported by its mission to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public; conducts biomedical research; and provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
Johns Hopkins Medicine operates six academic and community hospitals, four suburban health care and surgery centers, and 39 primary and specialty care outpatient sites. The Johns Hopkins Hospital, opened in 1889, has been ranked number one in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 22 years, most recently in 2013. For information about Johns Hopkins Medicine, its clinical programs or for help in choosing a personal physician, call 410-955-5000.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal opportunity is the law — read more.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 16538