Clinical Technican: Weinberg Surgical ICU
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 192230
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Registered Nurse 2
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
// Rich Text Editor, tor_wf_sect_0_flistingLayout, Press ALT 0 for help
Clinical Technician Candidate Qualifications:
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) licensure in the State of Maryland.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of acute care (hospital) tech experience during the most recent two years in a setting relevant to the unit; volunteer work as EMT or CRT may be considered.
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
The Clinical Technician:
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, basis wound care, patient safety, and patient transport techniques.
- Knowledge of recording and reporting pertinent clinical data.
- Knowledge of setting up and management of specialized patient care equipment.
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care.
- Demonstrated skills in performing routine patient care activities (i.e. VS, pulse, oximetry, ht/wt, and abdominal girth).
- Ability to use computer keyboard functions to input and obtain data.
- Reads and interprets equipment readings in conjunction with patient information.
- Follows established procedures and protocols.
- Reads and interprets medical record and physician orders
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Technican: Weinberg Surgical ICU
Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is an $8 billion integrated global health enterprise and one of the leading health care systems in the United States. Johns Hopkins Medicine unites physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the organizations, health professionals and facilities of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System.
Johns Hopkins Medicine's vision, "Together, we will deliver the promise of medicine," is supported by its mission to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public; conducts biomedical research; and provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
Johns Hopkins Medicine operates six academic and community hospitals, four suburban health care and surgery centers, and 39 primary and specialty care outpatient sites. The Johns Hopkins Hospital, opened in 1889, has been ranked number one in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 22 years, most recently in 2013. For information about Johns Hopkins Medicine, its clinical programs or for help in choosing a personal physician, call 410-955-5000.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal opportunity is the law — read more.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 17210