Clinical Technician: Neurosciences - Epilepsy Monitor Unit
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 202883
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Requirements: Clinical Technician
- High School Diploma
- Completion of CNA training with certification
- College Credit-must be coded 100 or higher with a passing grade
- 1 year of in hospital experience within the last 2 years
- Active Maryland CNA License
Position Summary: Clinical Technician
Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse
- IV insertion and blood draw
- Specimen collection
- Monitor patient vitals, conditions for change
- Knowledge of aseptic technique
- EKG proficiency
- Additional duties/skills unit specific
Skills/Basic analytical ability to:
- Organize and summarize information
- Operate electronic monitoring equipment
- Recognize abnormal signs and symptoms and subtle changes in patient condition
- Make judgements regarding routine patient care activities within scope of practice
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care
- Demonstrated skills in performing routine patient care activities
- Ability to document legibly using a writing instrument
- Ability to use computer keyboard functions to input and obtain data
- Team Player
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Technician: Neurosciences - Epilepsy Monitor Unit
Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is an $8 billion integrated global health enterprise and one of the leading health care systems in the United States. Johns Hopkins Medicine unites physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the organizations, health professionals and facilities of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System.
Johns Hopkins Medicine's vision, "Together, we will deliver the promise of medicine," is supported by its mission to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public; conducts biomedical research; and provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
Johns Hopkins Medicine operates six academic and community hospitals, four suburban health care and surgery centers, and 39 primary and specialty care outpatient sites. The Johns Hopkins Hospital, opened in 1889, has been ranked number one in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 22 years, most recently in 2013. For information about Johns Hopkins Medicine, its clinical programs or for help in choosing a personal physician, call 410-955-5000.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal opportunity is the law — read more.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 18697