Registered Nurse 2: Pediatric ICU
Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Requisition Number: 204705
Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Flexible Shifts
- Weekend work may be required
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Experienced Registered Nurse requires a Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing and one year of experience as a registered nurse and an active Maryland License.
- Coordinating care for assigned patients on a shift to promote the achievement of clinical outcomes.
- Providing evidence-based patient care based on the nursing process policy, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance.
- Participating and promoting quality clinical improvement on unit by supporting departmental and hospital safety standards.
- Practicing responsible cost-effective use of resources.
- Unit specific skill set may be required.
- Knowledge of nursing process; social, behavioral, biological, and physical science. Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize information and to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Demonstrate commitment to service excellence.
- Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships.
- Identifies impending changes in patient condition; identifies performance issues and have the ability to notify appropriate individuals.
- EPIC experience preferred
- Analyzes patient care as well as data to deliver and evaluate care.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard to input and obtain data. Use physiologic monitoring and patient care equipment such as defibrillator, or glucose machine.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Community / Marketing Title: Registered Nurse 2: Pediatric ICU
Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM), headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is an $8 billion integrated global health enterprise and one of the leading health care systems in the United States. Johns Hopkins Medicine unites physicians and scientists of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine with the organizations, health professionals and facilities of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System.
Johns Hopkins Medicine's vision, "Together, we will deliver the promise of medicine," is supported by its mission to improve the health of the community and the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care. Diverse and inclusive, Johns Hopkins Medicine educates medical students, scientists, health care professionals and the public; conducts biomedical research; and provides patient-centered medicine to prevent, diagnose and treat human illness.
Johns Hopkins Medicine operates six academic and community hospitals, four suburban health care and surgery centers, and 39 primary and specialty care outpatient sites. The Johns Hopkins Hospital, opened in 1889, has been ranked number one in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 22 years, most recently in 2013. For information about Johns Hopkins Medicine, its clinical programs or for help in choosing a personal physician, call 410-955-5000.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal opportunity is the law — read more.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 18764